Sometimes it’s good to experiment and shake things up a little. Why stick with something that’s just simply ordinary and boring? Here’s my alternative take on an old breakfast favourite. The Superfly Pancake with added nutritional benefits of chia seeds, almonds and flaxseeds, is sure to pack a healthy punch. Fill with all your usual toppings or experiment with new ones and enjoy!
• 2 organic/free-range eggs
• 2 cups of plain flour (or wholewheat flour if you wish)
• 1 tbs organic agave nectar
• 1 tbs milled organic flaxseed mix
• 1 tbs ground almonds
• 1 tbs chia seeds
• Pinch of salt
• Almond milk (till mix reaches pancake consistency… lighter than cake batter but thicker than milk)
Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Using a ladel, pour into a frying pan with a little coconut oil. Brown slightly on one side before flipping over.
It’s the perfect, healthy little treat for breakfast this holiday season. Yum!
Thanks for stopping by!